Wednesday, September 30, 2009
With our newly emptied nest, we inherited some freed up space "down under." Over the past nine years, I've been gradually encroaching on the upstairs guest room so I decided to keep my separate jewelry design space upstairs and move the garment design and sewing into the basement. The carpeting hadn't been replaced since the last flood incident, so we decided to use Qwikrete garage floor epoxy paint to brighten up the room. It worked really well and looks a little like vintage speckled linoleum. I purchased most of the furniture and fixtures from Ikea and resurrected track lighting from the attic where it had been stored since the days of the big wholesale shows in Philly. I like having an area to meet with clients- separate from my sewing- and also now have a dedicated space (behind the screen) for my photography setup. All I have left to do is move the sewing machine table and the rest of my fabrics, trims and supplies...and I'm ready to start working again! And that's good because I have a show coming up on October 23 and 24!